Wednesday 13 April 2016

A Different Assignment

In this semester, the subject I loved most is Malaysian Median and Culture.
Despite I have three lovely lecturers and tutor, Dr. Carmen, Ms. Gee and Ms. Ezzati
I also enjoyed one of the assignments which distributed around one month ago
'YouTube Film Review', the name of the assignment.
To complete this assignment, we need to do 4 film reviews and watch a movie/ short film during our tutorial.
This is so excited because I've got no experiences in doing this kind of assignment since stepped into university. Plus, I have camera shy issue in my life... hahaha
A big thanks to my partner~ Rene!
She is the best partner ever I met

The first movie we watched was Perempuan, Isteri, dan...?
This is a Malay movie which directed by U-Wei Haji Saari.
I have to admit, although I am a Malaysian but seldom watch Malay movie. I will not try to watch it unless for assignment purpose. BUT! The movie was beyond my expectation. A good movie with a bold storyline, and able to produce in the era of lacking modern film technology.




2nd Movie will be Tiga Abdul.
This movie is more on comedy genre. It is a story of three brothers. The eldest brother and second brother refuse to share the properties with their youngest brother after their father passed away. However, the eldest and second brother cheated by a business man. At last, the youngest brother uses his wisdom to take the revenge.
This movie was directed by Malaysia's Star!!! Mr. P. Ramlee
I've studied about his history when I was secondary school, but only now I have a chance to watch his movie.





3rd Youtube Review is about 3 short films which are selected from 15 Malaysia. 15 Malaysia consists 15 short films which produced by 15 Malaysian Film Makers.
The name of the 3 short film I watched are: Duit Kecil, Lollipop and Meter.
Rene and I had interpreted the underlying messages from this three short film, hope you guys abe to enjoy it since we were putting a lot of effort in it!!!!




The last movie was Hantu Kak Limah Balik Rumah.
This is a Malay film which had mixed genre: Horror and Comedy.
The film was directed by Mamat Khalid and screening on December 9, 2010.





Thanks to this assignment, I've watched so many interesting films which I will not to choose to watch in the past.
But, I realized that whenever I wacth any films from now on, I will automatically interpret the content, cinematrography and the underlying messages in it. I wonder this is good to me or not since I can't simply enjoy the movie right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment